The internet is a wonderful place to do business. Why?
- Its a no man’s land and a no respecter of rich or poor. Unlike the real world where you can clearly differentiate between a rich man’s shop and a poor man.
- It has about half of the entire earth population, giving you access to even people outside your immediate community and even country.
- Its cheaper with regards to both space and advertisement.
- People are constantly on the go with it and you don’t need specific times to catch them.
I can go on and on and on!
But, just like the real world, the difference is PRESENTATION! The thing is, people perceive quality from presentation. Especially during first impressions. So to attract a lot of people to want to give your product a first try, you need to present it well. Let’s look at some of the things you need to pay attention to.
- Flyer Design. It’s a sad thing when I see people just rushing to post on the internet without considering how they are presenting it. For a consumer to want to take a second look at a flyer to get the details, it must look attractive! Am sure you yourself have scrolled through some flyers without even noticing them? so if you don’t want same done to your products, pay attention to your designs or you will just be wasting your time. (My digital class can help you do this at ease so if you have not yet registered for it, then do so quickly and save yourself the lost.)
- Quality Pictures. The second most important thing is the type of pictures you use. If you use poor pictures, nobody will waste their time viewing so pay attention to your picture quality and the type of pictures you use.
- Quality Packaging. The outlook of your product itself is very important. Work on your packaging. It must not be expensive but it must be unique and pleasant to the eyes.
- Content. Marketing on the internet goes with good content. If you are not good at writing content to convince your leads to take necessary actions, you will mostly loose sales. It’s therefore important to learn how to write good content for your products or services. See it in a similar way of how you convince a walk-in customer to see your product as the best one.
- Learning from competitors. Most of us make the mistake of avoiding competitors and despise them but the wise and rather powerful thing to do is to stick close to them and see what is making them successful and work on doing same. It’s wise to learn from successful competitors and tailor their tricks to suit your business.
In conclusion, keep this in mind, give a powerful look to your business online. Don’t just post things.