- 250g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 70g butter
- 150ml milk
- A bowl of sugar for rolling doughnuts in after.
(No eggs or yeast needed)
- Mix all the ingredients together (apart from the milk) until you get breadcrumbs like texture.
- Slowly add the milk mixing it in, you may not need to use all of it.
- Create a firm-ish dough.
- Roll out to about 1cm thick and cut your circles, poking holes through the middle.
- Fry in deep fat fryer/frying pan flipping them over both sides till golden brown and roll in a bowl of sugar whilst still warm.