In this tutorial, we are going to learn how to prepare a delicious pancake. You’ll come out with a successful result, a delicious one of course should you follow the procedures stated below. Without wasting much time, let’s proceed
- 1cup (120g) all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk (paper milk mixed with ideal or any of your choice)
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter, melted margarine or vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- Assorting toppings such as maple syrup or honey, fresh berries,banana, ripe pawpaw etc.(optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, butter (or vegetable oil), and egg.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the milk mixture, and stir (do not over mix). Sometimes it is good to pour in flour gradually so you stop at the consistency you love.
- Heat a large thick pan and coat generously with vegetable oil.
- For each pancake, spoon 2 or 3 tablespoons of batter onto the pan. Cook until the surface of the pancakes have some bubbles. Flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until brown on the underside.
- Transfer to the heatproof platter, cover with foil and keep warm in the oven until serving. Serve warm, with desired toppings such as maple syrup, fresh berries,melted chocolate, banana slices etc.
Note that,you can add a bit of cinnamon or mint leaves or vanilla essence to your pancake butter before frying for some extra flavours.
… Akua Sefakor