This time around, we will do a Coated Peanut also known as ‘Nkatie Burger’ using 2 different methods. Are you ready for it?
- 2 cups of groundnut.
- 3 eggs.
- Milk- optional.
- 2 cups of flour.
- 1/3 cup of sugar.
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Vegetable oil.
- Soak the groundnut in hot water for 5 minutes. After that dry for 15 minutes.
- Mix the flour, nutmeg, flavor, and salt.
- Whisk your eggs with the milk and sugar in another bowl.
- Pour part of the egg mixture on the groundnut, and also part of the flour mixture on the groundnut.
- Mix by shaking till well coated if some are sticked together separate them with your hands.
Fry them in batches
Coated Peanut Method 2
- 2 cups groundnut.
- 2 cups flour.
- Sugar (as to how sweet you like it)
- Coconut oil.
- Cinnamon powder and bit of ginger.
- Bit of honey.
- Roast your groundnut using your oven after salting it and allow it to cool completely.
- Mix the sugar, honey, milk together and make sure they are well dissolved.
- Mix flour with cinnamon and ginger and a bit of baking powder and mix well
- Now coat your peanut with your liquid and then with your flour making sure its well coated. This takes time so be patient and work on it for like 5 times
- Now fry it in batches.
- When about to fry, please fry on low heat or your peanut will be brown but the inside won’t be cooked.
- If your oil is too hot, take it off fire and let it cool a bit before adding your peanuts to allow it cook well
- Now this method of roasting the peanut instead of boiling gives you a more crispy peanut. You can as well buy an already roasted peanut and use but buy from a trusted source where you sure of taste.
- Make sure you use whole nuts only. Select all broken nuts out before starting the process.