Recently, I consulted a business owner who had a problem with sales. Right after filling the questionnaires I offered her, I understood clearly what the problem was.
The truth is she is not the only business owner with these issues. Almost all are guilty. What has gone wrong?
- Selling to everyone.
- Not managing existing customers effectively.
The first rule is to know who your product or services are made for. A lot of people deceive themselves they know, but sadly, they don’t.
If you don’t have a clear understanding of who your customers are, how do you find the right bait to fish them?
You won’t even know where to locate them and the sales language to use in convincing them to buy from you.
The second mistake, you thinking it’s all about placing advertisements here and there. Sorry, but there is more to it.
Manage your existing customers. Stop fetching water into a basket. It will never get filled.
There are so many simple ways to manage customers.
- Know them! Someone has been buying from you for ages yet you don’t have a single record on the person. Please do!
- Show care. Check on them from time to time not only when you need them to come and buy.
- Celebrate their special days with them and show that they are a part of your family.
- Give! Don’t always be taking. Once in a while, show gratitude. Offer simple help etc.
- Offer them value for their money. That shows respect.
We can go on and on. Sales and Marketing are not as simple as you might be handling it.
Take it seriously, it’s the bloodline of your business.
Ask for help if you know you need help and put in the right efforts. It is never all about jumping all around.